Sunday 13 May 2012

All quiet

Thought I'd just copy Hawky's blog title for today, as that's exactly what it was - quiet. Very little doing this side of the river too in the uncharacteristic spring 2012 sunshine. Struggled to get out of bed once again but hadn't missed anything by the time I got to Crossness. In fact, it was almost dead save for c.20 Swallows in dribs and drabs northwest, a Little Egret east and then 12 Ringed Plover and 6 Dunlin in Barking Bay.
Whitethroat at Rotherhithe
Back at Rotherhithe, it was excellent to see 2 Whitethroats again on territory - a real scarce Inner London bird, with my patch perhaps being the only regular breeding site in Inner London. Not much else going on, and the gulls on the foreshore failed to deliver any rings today. Oh yeah, if anyone recognises where this ringed GBBG may come from please let me know (it had gone before I got the code): -
Any ideas where this big boy comes from?

No comments:

Post a Comment